»

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Birds, bees and what-nots


They are incredibly tiny, perhaps the size of two full-stops.

They are green.

They don't seem like they are capable of flapping their nearly-invisible wings
to soar three storeys above ground.

Which makes me wonder if these funny green insects now crash-landing all over my laptop, my bed and my limbs are the offsprings of a bigger, stronger and
more insidious unidentified creature that has chosen to deliver its brood
in my bedroom.

Bugger.

This is one of the perils of staying a little too close to the ground.

Though I absolutely adore being at eye-level with all the vast greenery and having lovely birdies (ok - mynahs and crows) swopping into my kitchen
for tea visits, I do abhor sharing my living space with pests.

It is marginally acceptable if they are no more than fleeting visitors.

I can live with that.

It is quite another ugly story altogether when I cannot ascertain if there is an entire battalion of them surreptitiously hiding in some obscure corner,
biding their time, waiting to spring a heinous attack on me.

NEWSFLASH: A weird-looking bee just floats into the room.


Someone put me through to Discovery Channel, please.




0 comments: